Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KazaloPortalGalleryIščiLatest imagesRegistriraj sePrijava

MCR Citati

Go down 
4 posters
AvtorSporočilo
Killjoy.
Party Poison
Party Poison
Killjoy.

Število prispevkov : 249
Kraj : Koper

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeTor Apr 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Mikey:

«There's less violence in the world when people are using Hula-Hoops.«

«I'm the spiritual advisor of the band.«

«This band is metal in that we have a lot of metal in our instruments, and there's quite a lot of metal on my belt buckle as well.«

«Yeah, I'm kind of upset that I'm going to die tomorrow.« (On the »Ghost of You« video)

«We always had a vision but we weren't sure if it would translate of just come off as Pretentious.« (On starting the band)

«We all have very humble backgrounds and very geeky interests.«

«I could eat my body weight in sushi.«

«Ashlee Simpson told me she had our CD.«

«Yeah, I had a headache, really bad. I was in a gas station and there was a pot of coffee and I looked at it for about a minute and then my brother (motions at Gerard) got a coffee and he taunted me.«
«We're really greedy about the electricity in our iPods. We hoard it. We're like, 'Yo, I'm only on half a fuck battery and I have a plane ride!'«

«I like Popsicles.«
Nazaj na vrh Go down
https://my-chemical-romance.slovenianforum.com
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

Število prispevkov : 339

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeTor Jul 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Gerard:

Animals

(Interviewer) "Vampire bunny or rabid unicorn?"
"Vampire bunny. I don't wanna catch rabbies."

(Interviewer) "If you could be an animal for a day, what would you be?"
"A gazelle. Cause they run...from predators and they're very...graceful."

"It’s for the hamster that I’m gonna buy! This is so perfect!" [after opening a Christmas present from Frank, a hamster wheel]

"Craziest thing that ever happened to me was being attacked by a blackbird. It pecked the shit out of my head. We were staying at this hotel called the Phoenix in San Fransisco. We were leaving to go to a show and the bird just fucking attacked my head! And the next day, Slipknot was there, they were coming in as we were leaving and they got attacked by birds too."

Being "Emo"

(Interviewer) "What's the greatest thing about black clothing?"
"You can hide pretty easily... unless you're in Hawaii."

"People think we're rich vampires."

"So people keep asking me what this badge is for…this badge makes me the sheriff, the sheriff of Emo town, so get your straight irons and eyeliner ready!"

"Me and Frankie got pulled over last night, or more like we got held up by four undercover SUV special agent police, and they asked me twice if I was a vampire. I’m not even fucking kidding. That guy didn’t even know how he made my year, and they let us go and said 'just drive a little slower' and then they go 'are you guys satan worshippers' and we're like 'no dude'."

Childhood

"Of course it's a great idea to play fucking Peter Pan your first year at school."

"If you don't go to high school you will definitely go to jail."

"When I was writing it, I was remembering how hard it was to be a 16-year-old in high school. I always wanted to be an artist, so I was this loner kid who just got drunk all the time. I only had one real friend. There was a girl I really liked, and she ended up taking really sleazy photographs with her boyfriend, and that really crushed me, I was just swimming in this pit of despair, jealousy and alcoholism."

"I didn't want to say anything. I liked Star Wars when I was ten."

"I went to school in drag, in art school and my day was completely different because everybody thought I was a chick. You should see me as a chick. So I went as a girl, as like an experiment and it worked really well and everyone was really nice to me but I couldn't talk obviously...you know train conductors were really cool to me on my commute...HA! I looked hot as a chick!"

Coffee

"Romance...yeah, chemicals...um, I like caffeine. Like coffee, I love coffee."

"Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic’s best friend!"

(Interviewer) "Let’s have a day in the life of Gerard."
"'Going to get coffee! Going to get coffee!' That’s all it would be."

"I wake up in the morning and I drink a lot of fucking coffee all day and I smoke a lot of fucking cigarettes and it sucks."

"I like Starbucks. I know people are going to hate me for saying it."

Depression and Suicide

"Don't piss your life away with suicide...it's a bullshit way out."

"No matter what happens, no matter how desperate you feel, never resort to violence."

"NOTHING is worth hurting yourself over. NOTHING is worth taking your life over. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

"'When we first started out I had a really big issue and a lot of my loved ones had a really big issue with the fact that I was totally in pain up there and there was a time when I tried to hurt myself off stage, but I got over that. Like, you should never want to hurt yourself. You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person and I think that that is going to be a lot of what the next record is about, not to plug it or anything. Like, it's going to talk about dying and coming back to become what you totally want to become. We are all becoming what we want to become."

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope."

"We're all a little fucked up, ya know? I don't mean, like, fucked up on drugs or glue, or whatever the fuck it is that you kids sniff these days..."

"Suicide is a serious thing. And if you know anyone who is suicidal, you need to get them help. No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all."

"All your quirks and all your problems, even your depressions, and your failures, that’s what makes you, you."

Drinking

"It takes a while to tell stories, I think it's because I was drunk for three years."

"When I was writing it, I was remembering how hard it was to be a 16-year-old in high school. I always wanted to be an artist, so I was this loner kid who just got drunk all the time. I only had one real friend. There was a girl I really liked, and she ended up taking really sleazy photographs with her boyfriend, and that really crushed me, I was just swimming in this pit of despair, jealousy and alcoholism."

"Cigarettes and coffee: an alcoholic’s best friend!"

Fans

"Uh...'Gerard sign this shirt so we can get laid'? Uh...I'll do that for them but they won't get laid."

(Interviewer) "What kind of surprises do you do for your fans?"
"We like to kidnap them in a van and tie them up and leave them somewhere dangerous."
(Interviewer) "That's really cool!"
"Surprise!"

"We want you to live. We want to save your lives. You saved ours. We never want to let a single thing hurt any of you. And you should all know...if you support us...you are not a cult. You are a fucking ARMY."

"Even if you stop believing in us, we'll never stop believing in you."

"We were going to these cities where there were hate crimes directed at the kids listening to us, the kids wearing all black. I retreated and stopped being on the crusade. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. The light at the end of the tunnel was a friend remind me I didn't wear a Public Image Ltd. pin on my jacket in high school to get spit on, I wore it because I wanted to wear it. Ours kids are the same way: It's their fucking choice. I can't protect them. I need to give them what they want."

"Are you on our side and you want to be different, or are you on that side and you want to throw a football at my head?"

"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel like I’m not going through it alone."

"The difference we wanna make is number one to let these kids know that they are not alone, that they’re actually not that messed up and that they can do whatever they want; they can express themselves however they want, without being persecuted or called a faggot or some kind of racist thing. You know, really just to get people to get over their stuff so they can live."

Frank

"When [Frank] kicked me in the balls, it was like, 'What did I do?'"

"[Frank]'s used to being inside lockers."

(Interviewer) "What happened when you kissed Frank out there on Saturday?"
"Magic. Fireworks. I was just getting even with him."
(Interviewer) "Really?"
"Yeah."
(Interviewer) "I don't think we want to know what he did to you."

"Franklin Anthony Iero, if you burn the meatloaf one more time, it's over. Do you hear me? OVER."

"Our friend Frodo Baggins over there, he's used to being inside lockers." [reffering to Frank]

Frerard

(Interviewer) "Really?"
"Yeah."

"Franklin Anthony Iero, if you burn the meatloaf one more time, it's over. Do you hear me? OVER."

Mikey

"[Mikey] inspires me in so many ways. He's so talented. I think some times he doesn't quite realize how special or talented he is."

"Being in a band with your brother is probably one of the most amazing things in the world."

"We had a great time, and Mikey Way actually got on the mic for the first time ever!"

"Mikey, this lollipop you threw at my head broke- it shattered..."

"This here is my little brother Mikey, who apparently feels like a fucking pirate today!"

Gerard: [picks up a bra thrown on the stage] "You know... I could probably get arrested just for touching this." [looks at Mikey and throws bra at him] "You know.. Mikey likes bras. Keep throwing them at him."
[Mikey turns red]

"I’m very proud to announce my brother’s recent marriage. Watching him grow up into a man and finding love makes me the happiest brother alive."

"He’s my best friend and he inspires me every single day."

"My whole life I was protective of Mikey because I felt that was my job, and that’s totally transferred to Bandit."

"This is also Mikey Way’s pirate period, if you notice. This is what I like to refer to as Mikey Way’s French pirate period."

"We always have the same friends and hung around together. So we wake up at the same time in the morning and we go for a walk and we look for coffee together, try to find comic stores together. So it’s kind of like having that little piece of home with you. We shared the same room for 20 something years together, so..."

"Mikey Way gets the gold star!"

"Last night before we went onstage, I came into the dressing room and found Mikey asleep on the couch in full Black Parade stage gear. I just wanted to take a picture of him and send it to Hallmark so they could put it on a card."

"Who’s better than you?" [talking to Mikey]

"Me and Mikey were in the kitchen [of the Paramour house] making coffee and this door just slammed shut in front of us...we ran like girls."

Misc.

"This shit is easy peasy pumpkin-easy, pumpkin pie, motherfucker!"

"There's no protective gear in croquet."

"What happened was, I went right off the side walk and into the bushes, and I was all like WOAHHHH! And I killed like so many plants…”

"It tastes like somebody stole my wallet."

"I'm the extremo Morrissey. I don't know what that means. I guess, like, a bungy jumping Morrissey."

"There's little Gerard. Aw, look at him. His arms are falling off."

"Cuz that's what everyone wants- the gift of shit."

"I think I would write children's books."

"We saw the Virgin Mary in a Diet Dr. Pepper and she told us what it was gonna be."

"Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. Everybody tie your shoes, I don’t care about you everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. On three, cause I wanna get my shoes tied now, so I’m gonna tie my fucking shoes! Wait…okay. Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. Okay, that’s possibly the fucking stupidest thing I’ve ever done up here."

"FUCK! I forgot to get hand sanitizer!"

"Okay so we know violence is never the answer, lets get this fucking party started!"

"I want everyone to raise your hands. Wave them back and forth. Now say: I suck at Skeeball!"

"So how was Christmas for you guys? Did you all get lots of black t-shirts?"

"So many people treat you like a kid so you might as well act like one and throw your television out the window."

[What he would do if he were forced to do something in drag] "Karate."

"We can duct tape my knee, I don't care."

"Jacksonville.. you've been very bad! So we're gonna slap the shit out of you!"

"A sock. I don't need this, you can have that back now."

"I am totally Tom Cruise now."

"Oh you see good sir, I don’t need that shoe, for I already have two, right here." [after a fan threw a shoe on stage]

"Oh shit, that’s never happened before…do we need that? Can that be put back on?" [after a part of Bob’s drums broke]

"It ain’t bothering me, is it bothering you?!" [when he noticed his fly was open at a show]

"Clean out your fucking ears!" [after he and Mikey threw Q-Tips to the audience]

"Fuck…fuck…oh…I thought…I thought I was gonna go blind." [while touching himself onstage]

"I…don’t...know...why...I’m...crying..." [pretending to cry during Mama]

"You’re all my treasures! You’re all my sparkling diamonds and my red, red rubies and I wanna polish you up and put you in the pocket of my tight little jeans… and take you home!"

"Is it only in Scotland that you can get these?!" [holding up an inflatable sheep]

"Oh man, look at that! You tied it up in a ball so that it could get to me and everything! Now that’s initiative! But you know what…I could probably get arrested just for holding this…" [after some creep threw a balled-up bra on stage]

"I didn’t get much time to get my feet wet so I ended up diving right into the deep end so to speak…and there was a hot minute where I felt like I was just trying to stay afloat. Luckily my editor threw me a life preserver pretty quickly–and, yes, I realize I just used maybe one too many swimming-pool metaphors, but that’s the best way to describe the situation." [talking about starting The Umbrella Academy]

"Aww shit, they say Detroit is one of the toughest cities in the world, but today, Detroit, the girls have been tougher than the boys. And I know that I’m pretty, but I ain’t that fucking pretty. Boys, let me hear what you got. One more time, boys let me hear what the fuck you got! Alright, you a bunch of animals. Now It’s time we start acting like animals. Boys, this song is just for you. But I want you to do one thing for me, I want you to take, your fucking shirts off, just the boys! Get your shirts off, and swing it over your fucking head! I don’t care if you a size 32, or a size 48, or a size 64! Holy shit. Look at all those shirts. Look all– pull out, pull out with that bullshit cameras. Pull out! Look at all them fucking shirts! I think we about to turn this motherfucker around. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!"

"I feel very intimate with you guys. It’s like we’re taking a fucking bath together."

"The bike! I thought the bicycle was for me. Is-Is it not for me? Because if it’s not for me…I DON’T WANT IT!"

"Fuck yeah, I’m going to get some comfortable pants! Why stop there? Maybe a nice cable-knit sweater. Maybe I’ll buy a house for my thirtieth birthday next year. I’m gonna get a Dodge Stratus. I’m gonna go to Blockbuster. I’m gonna get whatever shower curtain I want. Because I deserve it."

"None. I think we should send a country some cupcakes. You think some cupcakes would cheer up North Korea? Kill ’em with deliciousness." [when what country the US should save next]

"I really hate physical violence, but there’s this one where this kid is talking shit forever to this other kid, and the dude gets into this weird jujitsu pose and just knocks him out with one punch." [when asked what the funniest YouTube video of 2006 was]

"It’s this kickball game, this is the most fun I’ve had. It was biblical, amazing, and dramatic and I fucked up a little but I was shh- I was good."

"Activism is expressing yourself."

"The Devil got landed with a shitty job, he has to deal with assholes every day, he's probably bored as hell."

"I know something you don't... And that is...I'm not wearing any underwear."

"You guys in the middle there, you, flicking us off. We could just go wait outside for your girlfriends, you know."

[his action figure falls to pieces] "I’m so emo, I just fell apart."

"Real revenge isn't driving around in a Lamborghini and saying, 'Fuck you.' Real revenge is making something of yourself...that IS the fuck you."

"They were singing the words in English, and they don't even SPEAK English!"

"I think if we didn't have a progression that we wouldn't survive."

"I want you guys to do something special for me and Mikey and the guys. I want everybody in here to look up at the sky...Everybody looking? Okay, on the count of three...on the count of three I want everybody to yell real loud, 'HI GRANDMA!!' You ready? 1...2...3!"

[after a girl threw her bra and then wanted it back]
"Well, if you want it back, why'd you throw it? Just get a little excited? I get a little excited too sometimes."

"Have you seen my Kung Fu lately? 'Cause it has gotten totally awesome!"

"Ohh, I got a free something! I like free somethings!"

"The force is strong with this mother f*cking audience."

"[commenting on a bra thrown on stage] I would like- no this is horrible, this is horrible... You know what's funny about it? It looks like it's one boob, like somebody had a bad operation. Don't want it! Somebody take it."

Movies

"The last 40 minutes [of the movie "Click"] are just a grind of despair."

"If you want to see a dude cry, put dad stuff in the movie."

"You think you're gonna watch a fun fantasy film, and the next thing you know, there's like fucking dead 16 year old girl."

Music Videos

"The concept is we're going to light everything on fire."

"Oh no! The ghosts of videos past!"

"Me and Frank painted the set of Vampires together one night, and we got so high from the paint fumes..."

"Let's do something really unexpected. Let's chop off all my hair and make it World War 2." [on the making of the Ghost of You video]

My Chemical Romance
"I don't think that having a My Chemical Romance action figure will make a kid start his own band, I like to think it would make him want to save children from a burning building."

[After doing Steven's (from Steven's Untitled Rock Show) makeup and getting him dressed in MCR-esque attire] "Now all you need to do is catch the flu and have your mom yell at you for not calling, and then you're in My Chemical Romance."

"We’re not a festival band. Playing during the day was something we had to get over. I was like, uhh this sun stuff kinda sucks."

"We are My Chemical Romance! We’re a band from New Jersey, and usually, we shoot motherfuckers like you! But tonight…you get nothing but love from us. And Texas…has a lot…more…guns."

"The Black Parade has to go home soon, so you’re gonna be stuck with My Chemical Romance. I’m sorry. That singer has a despicable mouth, he dresses funny, and he can’t sing!"

"That’s what happens when you’re all borderline psychotic and therein lies the beauty of this band – our duality. There’s a duality to each band member too. There’s a desire to have this constant conflict. If we write a write a song and it turns out really poppy, we have to make the lyrics really fucked up. There’s psychosis to everything we do for sure. One day we’re probably gonna write this number one pop tune that will be about a massacre!"

"For me, [being onstage] is me being everything I always wanted to be. It erases everything I hate about myself. Nothing can hurt me. I feel completely invincible. I feel like everyone else on that stage is invincible and we’re capable of anything. There’s no stopping us."

"We have always had a desire to be a theatrical band, even when we were playing basements. Ya know, we were the most theatrical band in a basement you probably would ever see."

"We've always been fighters. There will always be something to fight against. So we'll always fight, underdogs or not. If you put a wall in front of us, we don’t look to go round it. We just bust straight through."

"We might be outsiders today, but we represent every outsider out there."

"Originally, what we did was take goth and put it with punk and turn it into something dangerous and sexy. Back then, nobody in the normal punk world was wearing black clothes, eyeliner. We’d be in a truckstop bathroom, putting make-up on. We did it because we had one mission - to polarise, to irritate, to contaminate. It’s like, ‘Who’s the toughest guy in the club? Us, because we’re dressed like fucking cupcakes.'"

"[My Chemical Romance] has a way of saving lives, you know? And it keeps us alive."

Nerdiness

"I paint little Orcs. That’s really weird…especially if you’re a 27 year old…I have a hobbit sword."

"What I think you guys should do is…intercut it…but like, right before-"
(Interviewer) "-right before the money shot there’s just, “So, we like Dungeons and Dragons!”
"Yes, yes."

"I didn't want to say anything. I liked Star Wars when I was ten."

"What I like about The Sims is that I don’t have a normal life at all, so I play this game where these people have these really boring, mundane lives. It’s fun. My Sims family is called the Cholly family. I don’t know why I picked that name; it’s kind of random. The teenage daughter is my favorite, because I just had her go through this Goth phase. She’s really kind of nerdy and she just became a concert violinist, which is pretty huge for the family. And she got into private school. But she started wearing black lipstick and she dyed her hair purple. It’s pretty huge."

"I have a therapist, we hang out, talk about Lord of the Rings… that’s what happens actually…"

Ray

"Ray Toro is a very eccentric, crazy genius type guy. I think he’s a genius. He just got this thing at the VMA. The way he played, it makes you go 'Jesus!' He’s really sweet, really kind of lovable. He’s like a cartoon character."

"We are terrified to tour Japan because we are positive we’ll lose Ray and he’ll never come home. The boy has a passion for Asian women that is only rivaled by his love for He-man action figures."

Romance and Relationships

(Interviewer) "What's your idea of romance?"
"Oh, God, I don't want to get into this. Noo! Yeah, that's creepy.""

"I suck way more dick than [David Cassidy]."

"Just cause you're bigger than me, just cause you're smarter than me, just because you drive a better car than me, does not mean...no way, no how...I am sucking you off...for any amount of money!"

"One time, Bert and I were making out for so long it wasn’t even funny…but then it was funny."

"Who’s your daddy?! Not me…see, I use protection. And so should you!" (Obviously, this one no longer applies.)

"Um, lots of people grab my ass. I'm actually starting to get this thing now where people grab my package. That actually happened once in Boston, it usually doesn't happen. We went over to England and it happened at almost every show. I don't really enjoy any kind of invasion of privacy like that I guess. Just the moment you're on stage it doesn't phase you or bother you too much though. Grabbin’ my package is obviously a total invasion of privacy I'm not into that at all. Grabbing my ass, I guess if it were a guy I'd enjoy it. I mean, I guess it all depends on how he grabbed my ass too."

"If you're gonna buy me a present, don't spend more than twenty-five bucks, you'll get a blowjob anyway."

"When you are kissing a guy with a beard, it's different."

"There's such a lack of sex in music."

"People don’t know if I’m gay, straight or an alien from outer space...it's funny."

"You want to make out? Make out? Make out with each other. Ya'll just grab the person next to you, and plant them a big ol’ kiss!"

Self-Image

"Be yourself, don't take anyone else's shit, and never let them take you alive."

"You're never gonna be cool, so stop trying."

"Heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary."

"We've been pretty vocal about our message. It's just to know that it's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five dudes that are just as messed up as you."

"Occasionally, some motherfucker is gonna try to use you as their doomsday device. You know what you say to them? You cannot destroy me!"

"If you are racist, sexist, a homophobe, or even just a fucking asshole, PLEASE GO HOME!"

"If we've all done this together, let's try saying something more important than just, 'Show me your tits.'"

"Hey, girls, you're beautiful. Don't look at those stupid magazines with sticklike models. Eat healthy and exercise. That's all. Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough. You're good enough, you are too good. Love your family with all your heart and listen to it. You are gorgeous, whether you're a size 4 or 14. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, as long as you're a good person, as long as you respect others. I know it's been told hundreds of times before, but it's true. Hey, girls, you are beautiful."

"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."

"'When we first started out I had a really big issue and a lot of my loved ones had a really big issue with the fact that I was totally in pain up there and there was a time when I tried to hurt myself off stage, but I got over that. Like, you should never want to hurt yourself. You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person and I think that that is going to be a lot of what the next record is about, not to plug it or anything. Like, it's going to talk about dying and coming back to become what you totally want to become. We are all becoming what we want to become."

"For me, [being onstage] is me being everything I always wanted to be. It erases everything I hate about myself. Nothing can hurt me. I feel completely invincible. I feel like everyone else on that stage is invincible and we’re capable of anything. There’s no stopping us."

“How many ladies in the house tonight!? Oh, shit...All you ladies scream! Now that I have the ladies' attention, I want to tell you something. Some day, you're going to go to a concert and see a rock star. He may look like me, or him, or us, or any one, and he's going to tell you if you show him your tits he'll take you backstage. And I want you...to spit in that mother fucker's face! Because you are better than that!”

“Your going to come across a lot of shitty bands, and a lot of shitty people. And if anyone of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are. I want you to look right at that motherfucker, stick up your middle finger, and scream FUCK YOU!”

"We've always seen elitism as a negative thing, even before there were fans. We've always been very open about talking about how much we hate it."

"All your quirks and all your problems, even your depressions, and your failures, that’s what makes you, you."

Songs and Songwriting

“I said to myself, 'Man, I'm so tired of hearing songs about peoples' ex-girlfriends.' It's really nauseating. And the whole me, me, me aspect of it was just like [overdone].”

"[Welcome to the Black Parade] is like running around a field of flowers with a butcher knife."

"I'm not gonna tell you the title, because in a year or so when we retitle it you guys will bitch about it so...You know it's true!"

"There's such a lack of sex in music."

"Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..."

"I feel like there’s so many people out there who have the kids in the palm of their hand, listening, but there are so few people saying something."

"This song [Give 'Em Hell, Kid] is about making babies, having babies...and selling them on the black market!"

“[Teenagers is] a song about teenagers scaring the living shit out of me.”

"This song [Give 'Em Hell Kid] is about getting knocked up, has anyone here ever gotten knocked up?"

"This song is about being very bad, and going to jail, and getting fucked in the ass." [referring to You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison]

"I thought if we made an album that tried to change the world, or give it hope, it would really happen. But all people found was death and destruction and misery and self-hate. I learned that the world doesn’t want to be saved, and it will fucking punch you in the face if you try." [on the public reaction to The Black Parade]

Style

(Interviewer) "Did you go to clown school for this?"
"No; art school."

"I have these bad ass pajamas."

[Camera pans to MCR's shoes to see they're all wearing slip-ons]
(Cameraman) "Is this some sort of statement?"
"Yeah. Fuck shoelaces."

"I always liked playing dress up."

"I know I'm pretty, but I ain't that fucking pretty."

"Girls' capri pants.... they kinda rule though. Very comfortable."

"Look at me with my pretty bracelet and tiara. I’m a fucking princess."

"Is there a boa in the house?" (not sure if he means the feather kind or the snake)

"Oooh, what do we have here? Oh my God! IT’S A WHITE T-SHIRT! God, I love these things, thank you!"

"I went to school in drag, in art school and my day was completely different because everybody thought I was a chick. You should see me as a chick. So I went as a girl, as like an experiment and it worked really well and everyone was really nice to me but I couldn't talk obviously...you know train conductors were really cool to me on my commute...HA! I looked hot as a chick!"

"Circa Survive have one up on My Chemical Romance- they can grow beards! I would love to grow one. I’d be very grateful if someone gave me their beard."

"I wore my skull makeup today. But did no one else get the memo? I said, DID YOU NOT GET THE FUCKING MEMO?!"

"What is that? Is that a boa? I sure do love boas, ya know just saying."

"Everyone back the fuck up! I am not that pretty!" [trying to get the crowd to stop pushing forwards]

"Who's the toughest guys in the club? Us, because we're dressed like fucking cupcakes."

Support

"Here are the rules though. Nobody acts like tough guy. Nobody tries to hurt anybody else and if somebody falls down, you pick them the fuck up, all right?"

"Being out on this tour, and hanging out and getting to know you guys has really helped me and the boys get through some tough shit. And we hope that we can give back, and help you guys get through some shit, and we'll all get through this shit together. So, for this last song, I want you guys to all sing along and we'll get through the shit that life throws at us."

"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel like I’m not going through it alone."

"We've been pretty vocal about our message. It's just to know that it's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five dudes that are just as messed up as you."

We've always been fighters. There will always be something to fight against. So we'll always fight, underdogs or not. If you put a wall in front of us, we don’t look to go round it. We just bust straight through."

"Live life like you mean it, or fuck off. Keep yourself alive and treat each other with respect."

"I don't want people to be afraid of living, which I think is everybody's biggest fear. I want people to express themselves how they want. If that means dressing up in women's clothing, so be it. I'm very opposed to intolerance, racism, and sexism. Men are still being called 'faggots.' I see women being treated as second-class citizens, even in punk rock. So if it's happening there, it's happening everywhere. I'm very much into acceptance."

"Suicide is a serious thing. And if you know anyone who is suicidal, you need to get them help. No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all."

"We might be outsiders today, but we represent every outsider out there."

"The difference we wanna make is number one to let these kids know that they are not alone, that they’re actually not that messed up and that they can do whatever they want; they can express themselves however they want, without being persecuted or called a faggot or some kind of racist thing. You know, really just to get people to get over their stuff so they can live."

"We really just wanted people to stop being so afraid of actually living. It’s actually harder to live than it is to die. Like, it’s way easier to die, or choose to die, and so we wanted to encourage people to kind of live life the way they wanted and express themselves."

"To all those who’ve tried to belong, and just didn’t fit in…you are loved. To all those who’ve tried to stand out and be heard…you’re admired. To all those who’ve tried to be themselves, only to be shut down…you are supported. To all those who’ve tried to kill themselves because life’s unfair…you’re NOT alone. Love your friends, love your enemies, because in the end, they’ll all be kissing your ass when you make it."

"[My Chemical Romance] has a way of saving lives, you know? And it keeps us alive."

Touring/Being Onstage

"There's drunk people in Japan, too, but they're just the Americans."

"I'm sick of seeing my face, but I'm allowed to be sick of seeing my face because it's my fucking face."

"I wanted to challenge gender, abuse the audience. I didn't want the girls to want to fuck me, I wanted the straight guys to want to fuck me."

"Beach balls at festivals are the work of the devil."

"We’re not a festival band. Playing during the day was something we had to get over. I was like, uhh this sun stuff kinda sucks."

"It’s like aggressive soft-core gay porn."

"Um, lots of people grab my ass. I'm actually starting to get this thing now where people grab my package. That actually happened once in Boston, it usually doesn't happen. We went over to England and it happened at almost every show. I don't really enjoy any kind of invasion of privacy like that I guess. Just the moment you're on stage it doesn't phase you or bother you too much though. Grabbin’ my package is obviously a total invasion of privacy I'm not into that at all. Grabbing my ass, I guess if it were a guy I'd enjoy it. I mean, I guess it all depends on how he grabbed my ass too."

"We had a great time, and Mikey Way actually got on the mic for the first time ever!"

"When you’re touring and the minute you tell someone that you’re from Jersey it’s the equivalent of telling them you just got out of jail."

"We have always had a desire to be a theatrical band, even when we were playing basements. Ya know, we were the most theatrical band in a basement you probably would ever see."

"The only place I’m really scared of was the Tenderline. I walked out of the bus in my makeup and costume and some dude on the other side of the street in front of a crackhouse yelled ‘Better stay on that side of the street motherfucker, I’ll knock you out!'"

"We played Chicago on Warped, and I got so excited I swung my mic, and it did a full revolution around my body, connected perfectly with my mouth and knocked two of my teeth through my lip. It was really gross and there was tons of blood pouring out. It was awesome."

"It's important to keep up momentum, when I'm home alone I get stagnant, I go crazy and have to see my therapist. Being on the road keeps me busy. I'm okay when I'm busy."

"When you first start out, you're playing these small punk rock clubs in the worst part of town. And it's like, people will ask you, like even with a city like Vancouver, they'll ask 'I heard it's beautiful there, how is it?' and I'm like 'I don't know. All I saw was an alley, and some people trying to sell me crack...'"

"Well, I'm half Italian, so last year on Warped Tour I got this really good tan and I was like, bummer."

Vampires

(Interviewer) "Vampire bunny or rabid unicorn?"
"Vampire bunny. I don't wanna catch rabbies."

"I want to be a vampire. They are the coolest monsters."

"I’d rather be a creature of the night than an old dude."

"I'm not psychotic. I just love psychotic things."

"Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..."

"Me and Frankie got pulled over last night, or more like we got held up by four undercover SUV special agent police, and they asked me twice if I was a vampire. I’m not even fucking kidding. That guy didn’t even know how he made my year, and they let us go and said 'just drive a little slower' and then they go 'are you guys satan worshippers' and we're like 'no dude'."

[Interviewer] (while looking through some of Gerard's things): "That's freaky, that bat..."
"Yea, that's my grandfather's paperweight."

Nazadnje urejal/a Silver.Insanity Sre Jul 13, 2011 8:15 pm; skupaj popravljeno 2 krat
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeTor Jul 12, 2011 3:45 pm

^^Se opravičujem za dolgi post, nisem si predstavljala da bo tok prišlo.
Frank:

"Only trees can give you lemons. But when they do, you squash them into the bottom of a diet coke and get on with your fucking life."

“We just have to watch Mikey and make sure he doesn't put any more forks in the toaster.”

“I can't imagine any other bands having better kids than ours, and if they do at least I know our kids can beat up their kids.”

"New Jersey is kind of like New York's retarded brother, you know? The one they keep in the basement."

(Interviewer) "First kiss. With who and where?"
"Well...That was actually how I met Bob."

(Interviewer) "First kiss? With who and where?"
"That’s kinda synonymous with how I met Bob. It was a dark room. I uh, I didn’t really know. But it was bearded. And it was weird."
(Interviewer) "The question is, was he a good kisser?"
"He’s in the band isn’t he?"

"I've fallen into [Bob] and almost killed him a few times. And he doesn't ever get mad at me."

"Bob and Toro are the two hardest working people I've ever met, and if there is a God, I thank him every day for bringing us Bob."

"When my balls got wet, that's when I got scared."

"Emo always meant emotional. Any kind of art or music should be emotional. If its not, than it's pretty much just a jingle selling bleach or pizza."

"On the first video, [Marc Webb] threatened us. He said he knew where we lived and if we didn't ask him to do the second video he'd take our pets."

"I'm about 4'9", so when they lift the coffin it's like over my head."

"It's always awkward to pretend to play. I feel like Ashlee Simpson... Oooh, zing."

(Interviewer) "Worst comic book hero?"
"Spiderman, 'cause he's whiney... He just whines about, 'Why am I a superhero? This sucks.'"

"What about the little boys who want to grow up to play drums and become anorexic because you [Bob] said it's cool to be skinny?"

"There's a lot more of, 'Gerard, take your clothes off' than 'I like that song'."

"I burn everything, and make it really spicy, so I just called it cajun."

"The Way brothers have this armpit problem."

"I found out today that I can't say the word choreograph."

(Interviewer) "So, did you read Ellen DeGeneres's new book?"
"Yeah."
(Interviewer) "How was it?"
"It made me a lesbian. I only date girls now."
(Interviewer) "I can't handle that."
"You need to have an open mind, my friend."

"We decided to take everything we did for Black Parade and burn it to the ground."

"Yeah, I have fired a gun, and I loved it!"

(Interviewer) "Talking about Billy Corgan, and his children here, Mikey and Gerard, and his illegitimate Frankie here."
"He still hasn't payed any child support."
(Interviewer) "And he doesn't. He doesn't need to. He's using it for Rogaine."

"It was like wearing a dead seal." [regarding the new uniforms]

"I love his Playgirl pose he's got going on there, too."

"I'm Frank. I'm in My Chemical Romance. I'm uncomfortable. And I'm going to film ballroom dancing."

"'So what are you gonna call it?' And we're like 'My Chemical Romance.' And people were like, 'Fuck, that's good.'"

"It's almost a drinking game, too. Like every time you hear Bert [from the Used] gets arrested or smokes shit with a kid at the show or hooked up with some kid's sister you have to take a drink."

"This is a band that will save your life."

"I don't go on 'quests'. That's more of a Gerard thing."

"[Gerard's] been waiting all his life to supply [the dance moves to Mama Mia]."

"It was always fun to play Song 2 by Blur because I played one note. The entire song is like deh deh deh deh deh deh deh deh deh..!"

"And it was full color plasma screen spider!"

"We're just old, old fat men, really."

"This kid was shorter than me, so he had to be four feet tall..."

"I would play in a band- this band- for a hundred years because I love it and it's my passion."

"'You're gonna go out with Green Day' and I was like 'Wow, does that mean I'll never see my family again?' And he said, 'Yeah', and I said, 'Okay, well, that's a trade off.'"

"My biggest addictions have been chocolate cake, mashed potatoes, and butter sandwiches."

"I’d date Gerard."

“I wanna go to bed now!"

"Asshole. I was such an asshole! Uhh, delinquent. I was told I was too intelligent for my own good but I don't know about that. I didn't like authority and this was at ten!"

[Leathermouth concert: Frank explaining why they weren’t going to play I Am Going To Kill The President Of The United States]
"It wasn’t as funny as I thought it was gonna be, and uh…"
(Girl): "No! That’s my favorite!"
"Okay, uh cool. Shut up, hold on. Um, I’m 27 years old and I’ve never been locked up in a federal penitentiary. I kinda like that about myself. So, um, I’m not gonna play that song today, but you can go home and listen to it. Haha, this song, this song is about drinking the Kool-Aid. It’s called Sunsets are for Muggings."

“Homophobia is gay.”

“If you don’t listen, you’re never gonna learn.”

"My grandfather is my inspiration for everything I do. Especially music. And he always played from the heart and he played because it was in his blood and in his spirit to do so. And that definitely came through in me."

"My grandfather is the most amazing human being I’ve ever met. He still works full time, 85 years old, taking care of his family, his wife. And he taught me what it means to be a man. And um, if I could be one percent of what he is when I grow up, I’ll be happy."

"It’s a good thing he’s not an ugly guy."
(Kat von D) "Yeah."
"Right? I’m really lucky to have a handsome grandfather. I mean, 'cause if not, people would be like, 'Who’s the ugly dude on your shoulder?'"

"For me LeATHERMOUTH is how I can vent about all the bullshit that I see going on in the world that makes me ill. I try to belabor the topics people want to forget exist. LeATHERMOUTH is where I can vomit out all the aggression that has built up inside. After recording or playing a LM show I feel empty of all that hatred that's been bottled up. It's a pleasant, cathartic experience. I would love to not feel the way I do about certain things, and have rainbows and birds chirping in my head, but that's just not the way I'm built. I am embarrassed by my emotions and originally wanted to keep LeATHERMOUTH anonymous... but fuck it, none of us are perfect, the world is going to shit, and someone has to say it. I think it would be worse if I hid from it."

"I would say this record [Leathermouth's XO] is about trying to wake people up to what is happening right in front of their eyes. We are all trying our hardest to pretend bad things don't happen to good people, and that there is some higher power looking over us... but it's bullshit. Stop covering your children's eyes. Everything is fucked, and pretending it's not isn't making things any better. I'm tired of people praying for a change when it's up to them to get off their asses and make a change."

[to Ray] "I think someone bet you that you couldn’t write a polka! You started playing that 'oom-pah' riff and Gerard started singing over it. People thought we were nuts. We were playing it in soundcheck and everyone else there was like 'Is that what the new reocrd’s gonna be like?'"

"Really I don't know anything other than Jersey. I like the dirtiness of it. Now I'm getting to see the world, and it's great, but it's not better than Jersey!"

"If I revealed my secret identity, the world would go to shit."

"Oh, one time we got held hostage!"

"We've mutilated, killed, and disemboweled Rock N Roll cliches!"

"Cell phones are the new lighter."

"We played a show in Philly in a basement with only 5 people there, one of which was a homeless person who bootlegged our set and tried to sell it to us."

"I get hurt every fucking day. I'm an idiot."

"I think a metal wolf is just a motorcycle, if I were to make a metal wolf it’s gonna be a motorcycle."
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeTor Jul 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Ray:

"Rock music is becoming stale, let's put the fun back."

"There is nothing that can compare to the energy that you get when you are playing at the same level as kids. It's just a wall of energy that conjures up, and its this really magical thing that happens."

"I've been left at truck stops, and I'd have to call them on my cellphone, you know, it's like, 'Hey what's up?' and they're like, 'Hey how's it going, man?' I'm like, 'You notice something's missing from the van?' And they look around, and they'll go, 'Aw shit!'"

"Watch me fail."

"And- I just stuck my hand in a cupcake!"

"Hey four eyes! Keep it quiet!...Gerard, why don’t you tell your story..."

"I hate my voice, I sound like a girl. I am in fact a male."

"I feel bad, though. I wanna play some other bands- like, why do we have to listen to us?"

"I tried spinning around in a chair to impress a girl."

"Frank was actually too short to carry the casket, so it was all of us. Thanks Frank. He’s nappin’ right now."

"We are birth control." [Ray and Gerard]

"It’s kind of dumb; everybody should be able to listen to the kind of music they want and just because you’re a fan of a band for a longer period of time doesn’t mean you have a greater stake of claim to the band or the music."

"Everybody goes through rough things in their lives, us included. The best advice we can give is to never give up, and always believe in yourself because when you do that, anything is possible."

"Every time we go out shopping we always seem to buy comic books or games."

"I’m a huge gamer. I guess my favourites are role playing games and First Person Shooters, any PC shooter like Doom or Quake. I’ve played them all and they’re all the same really! If it’s playing PSP for an hour here or Nintendo DS on a plane, I’m pretty much always gaming in between. Though this past year has been so busy that I haven’t been getting time for my true love, which is video games! This is really just a springboard into that career for me."

"I wasn’t popular at school. Thank God I didn’t have a girlfriend or I would suck [at guitar] now!"

"Pink Floyd's The Wall was a huge influence on the record. The guitar sound pays homage to it."

"I can never be on time for anything. I'm always 10 or 15 minutes late."

"As a little kid, I was very shy."

"Frank's guitar style is different from mine. He's from a punk rock background, I'm more influenced by classic heavy metal. So just bringing all those influences together makes our sound really unique, but it's quite obvious that I'm a massive fan of Iron Maiden."

"We don't really try and make our influences that obvious. I think our influences are a lot more subtle."

"Turkey and gruyere!" [his favorite sandwich]

"Maybe if I stick this down my throat, I'll puke..."

"I tried sticking a piece of candy up my nose…it ended up getting stuck and the nurse had to get it out."

"I think that the music we create together is one of a kind."

"I love my Red Bull. Where would I be without my Red Bull?"

"I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get to hang out more with people because I was too busy being a complete and utter hermit in the back."

"Bob's always talking about something he fucked up that no one heard or about his drumstick trick. We have to tell him we saw it even if we didn't just to keep him happy. Drummers are the most sensitive people..."

"Hey! Don't laugh at me for that cupcake thing. I enjoy cupcakes, therefore EVERYONE should enjoy cupcakes."

"I was Pac-Man. It was the worst costume ever. You would expect a big round suit, but it was just a mask and a smock with a maze on it."

"Frank is going to go blow his nose."

"There were actually times where I thought, 'Do people even remember us? Are people gonna be interested in hearing what we put out next?'...And, you know, there were times I felt like, 'Are there going to be people out there waiting for this record?'. So we kind of live in a bubble, in a sense. We're very closed off to that whole world of thinking about those kinds of things."

"When you doubt yourself you create something better."

"We had the benefit of time. We felt we couldn't rush great things, these things needed time. With that time it really allows you to dig deep into yourself and really put out the best that you can be."

"Quit making us have sex with each other!"

"I tried to straighten my hair, but it didn't work out too good."

"C'mon Frankie, you know you wanna fuck a cow or two."

"You're gonna be seeing, for the first time, an entire band spontaneously combust."

"And now I have crayon taste in my mouth."

"Gerard is the slightly off centered leader."

[Gerard lies back and puts his leg up]
"You don't need to do that in my direction."
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

Število prispevkov : 360
Kraj : Maribor

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSre Jul 13, 2011 8:00 am

WOW!! jezik
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSre Jul 13, 2011 8:28 am

haha ja, poznam preveč MCR strani ha ha
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSre Jul 13, 2011 8:42 pm

(Interviewer) "Really?"
"Yeah."

od kod pa je to??? jezik
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSre Jul 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Ne vem ker intervju je to sam vem da je posnetek tega na youtubu.
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeČet Jul 14, 2011 6:20 am

okay D hvala smile
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 9:56 am

ahahaha moji najljubši od tu zgoraj:
"Frank was actually too short to carry the casket, so it was all of us. Thanks Frank. He’s nappin’ right now."

"I burn everything, and make it really spicy, so I just called it cajun."

"Who’s your daddy?! Not me…see, I use protection. And so should you!" (Obviously, this one no longer applies.)

"Me and Frank painted the set of Vampires together one night, and we got so high from the paint fumes..."

"This song [Give 'Em Hell, Kid] is about making babies, having babies...and selling them on the black market!"

D ha ha ha ha
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 10:34 am

moji najljubši quoti:

"WOULD YOU DESTROY SOMETHING PERFECT IN ORDER TO MAKE IT BEAUTIFUL"

"WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MCR SAYS START A FUCKING BAND." (F. I.)

"ONE DAY YOUR LIFE WILL FLASH BEFORE YOUR EYES. MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING" (G.W.)

"THEY SAY HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS. SO WHERE DO YOU GO WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A HEART?" (F.I.)

"ALL YOUR QOURKS AND YOUR PROBLEMS EVEN YOUR DEPRESSINONS AND YOUR FAILURES- THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU YOU." (G.W.)

"STAY BEAUTIFUL, KEEP IT UGLY!"

"I'M NOT PSYCHO, I JUST LIKE PSYCHOTIC THINGS" (G.W.)

INTERVIEWER: "IF I WAS GONNA BE IN THE COMIC, WHAT WOULD YOU MAKE ME?"
G: "GUPALINE"
F: "HA, THERE YOU GO."
INTERVIEWER: ?????

F: "HAS GOLDFINGER EVER HAD A FLOCK OF MOOSES ADVANCING ON HIM? IT'S A TERRIFYING SIGHT"
M: "THAT'S NOT THE PLURAL OF MOOSE, IT'S MOOSI."
G: "FUCK OFF, IT'S MEESE."

"LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WHO YOU TRULY ARE. BE WILLING TO DIE FOR IT. IF YOU'RE TRUE TO YOURSELF, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG." (F.I.)

najlepši (najboljši) quot pa je:
"NO MATTER HOW BAD IT GOES, NEVER GIVE UP. ALWAYS KEEP RUNNING. WE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR YOU. JUST TURN UP THE SPEAKERS, SING LIKE NO ONE'S LISTENING, DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S THERE" (G.W.)

smile
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

"WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MCR SAYS START A FUCKING BAND." (F. I.)
Ni to povedal Mikey?
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

mislim da ne... Ray je napisal, da je Frank...
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Ray je to pisal? Kje pa?

Nvm no, mogoče je bil Frank, js sem vedno na internetu vidla, da so ljudje pisal, da je Mikey to povedal, sam Ray verjetno bolj ve. ha ha
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 4:40 pm

na njihovi spletni strani... pod neki fan video

ja no jaz sem skoraj nonstop zmedena, ker nekje preberem tak, nekje pa drugače... jezik
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

bom pogledla, hvala za informacijo

ja sej js tut, ker itak povsod drugače piše in pol sploh ne veš kaj je res, pa kaj ne
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePet Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm

ja točno tak... freak
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSob Jul 16, 2011 1:39 pm

video z Gerardovimi spodbujajočimi quoti...

ps: rada bi povedala samo, da so MCR za mene največji vzorniki... postavijo me na realna tla, pokažejo kaki je svet v resnici... spodbujajo me, da sem kakšna pač sem in da tega noben ne more uničit!... RES JIH MAM FUL RADA!!
Nazaj na vrh Go down
a
Fabulous killjoy
Fabulous killjoy

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeSob Jul 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Se popolnoma strinjam s tabo! Tudi zame so oni največji vzorniki.
Nazaj na vrh Go down
adrenaline danger heart
Fun Ghoul
Fun Ghoul
adrenaline danger heart

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimePon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm

"IF I COULDN'T PLAY, I WOULDN'T BE ALIVE" F.I.

"IF YOU DON'T LISTEN, YOU'RE NEVER GONNA LEARN" F.I.

"GERARD IS REALLY SENSITIVE BUT VERY VERY VERY SMART AND SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T GET IT, BECAUSE HE'S NOT LIKE SCHOOL INTELLIGENT, HE'S JUST AN IDEALIST, HE'S LIKE A GENIUS." F.I.

"WHATEVER IDEA YOU HAVE NO MATTER HOW CRAZY- JUST GO FOR IT" M.W.

"THIS IS US. THIS IS WHO WE ARE" G.W.

"EVERYONE WANTS SOMETHING REAL, SOMETHING THAT WAS CREATED TO INVOKE A POSITIVE FEELING." M.W.

"I WAS WASHING MY FACE IN THE SINK AND I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR I WAS LIKE, 'YOU'RE STILL UNCOOL, AND YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BE COOL, SO STOP TRYING.' AND UH I HAD ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS OF MY LIFE THAT DAY." G.W.

"THIS IS THE BEST JOB WE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE" M.W.

"I'VE NEVER REALLY GROWN UP" G.W.

"PEOPLE ALWAYS ASK ME TO AUTOGRAPH ASTHMA INHALERS. I'M NOT ACTUALLY ASTHMATIC... BUT UHM... I'LL SIGN THEM. YOU BRING 'EM." M.W.

"EMO IS JUST A TERM PEOPLE LABEL US TO PUT US DOWN FOR BEING DIFFERENT, OR LABEL US TO PUT MUSIC ON THE SHELVES. HONESTLY, THE WORD HAS A LITTLE MEANING UNLESS YOU GIVE IT MEANING. SO CALL US EMO, WE'RE STILL BETTER THEN YOUR ASS." F.I.

"WE'RE NOT FORCING YOU TO LISTEN ANYTHING WE DO." R.T.

"YOU CANNOT, AND I'M SERIOUS, YOU CANNOT BE ASHAMED OF WHO YOU ARE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHIT YOU GET FOR IT, OR HOW MUCH BULLYING YOU GET, YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE FOR ANYBODY ELSE. AND I KNOW IT TAKES A LOT, BUT IT MAKES YOU A STRONGER PERSON AND YOU'LL BE SO HAPPY THAT YOU DIDN'T LATER ON IN LIFE." F.I.

"THE DNA OF THIS BAND IS LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG, MAKE A MARK, FUCK THINGS UP AND MOVE ON."

mogoče je keri quote že napisan.. se opravičujem smile
Nazaj na vrh Go down
Bloody_Cola
Party Poison
Party Poison
Bloody_Cola

Število prispevkov : 266
Kraj : Ljutomer

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeNed Feb 12, 2012 10:02 pm

The Black Parade Facts

During the recording of The Black Parade, Mikey began referring to the record as “Pre-Midlife Crisis and the Infinite Sadness”.

Gerard said that ‘The Black Parade’ tried to kill them when they were making it, but Frank said that the hardship they endured ultimately brought them all closer together.

Frank played a lot of the songs on this album with a broken guitar—he broke the guitar’s neck into three pieces whilst playing a show for the Give It A Name festival. Luckily, his guitar tech Hans was able to fix it, and Frank said that it actually played “better than it did before”.

Gerard had suicidal thoughts whilst staying at The Paramour, and that he had to constantly fight back “the urge to just walk into the swimming pool and stand at the bottom until I couldn’t breathe.”

The concept of this record started out as about Hell. One of the earliest titles for it was “The Fall Of The Damned,” named after a renaissance painting of the same name according to Gerard. He even did some album artwork using the painting, but he said whilst it looked pretty cool it “just seemed arbitrary and lazy.”

Mikey became heavily depressed during this record, and ending up seeing up to four therapists a week and leaving The Paramour to go stay with the band’s attorney, Stacy Fass. He said that without her help he “would be in a white coat in a circular room” and Gerard said she was “our beacon of hope, our sister, and at times our mother.” Mikey’s leaving triggered a creative stasis of sorts for the band, and Gerard states that they “walked around like zombies, not creating, not showering, not living.”

The twin wolves featured in the album artwork are meant to represent the Devil.

A lot of the album was inspired by a painting Gerard found called ‘March of the Saints’, which reportedly featured Joan of Arc and he found in a bathroom of The Paramour. He has also said he became obsessed with Joan of Arc during this period, and that he bought every movie of her he could find and watched them over and over.

The title ‘The Black Parade’ came from scribbled notes Gerard kept during his nightmares, where he’d written, at some point, ‘We are all just a black parade’. The Black Parade is meant to represent death and a final march into the unknown.

James Jean, a comic book artist, did the cover for the record. He was first contacted about doing the covers for ‘The Umbrella Academy’ but it was decided that he was the perfect artist for the record instead.

Gerard said that they needed a record “with social commentary, a healthy doses of black humor, a sparing and tasteful dose of irony, and unapologetic self-expression.”

The whole album is meant to be an almost ‘death-rock’ version of The Beatles’ legendary album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band and the alter-egos they became.

To help deal with the pressure of recording the band had a three rooms in The Paramour called ‘heavy rooms’, where they could go to talk and let everything they were feeling out in a secure and private environment. Bob said that “every heavy room meeting would end up good and everyone would be happy and smiling”, although they would often go on for hours.

The end of the record and the Patient’s fate is left ambiguous, and Gerard has said that maybe he’s not dead and maybe it’s “all in his head.”

The End

This song was inspired by one of Gerard and Frank’s favourite David Bowie’s songs, ‘Five Years’. That song was one that Frank often included on mix-tapes and the pysch-up play lists he made for playing before their shows.

This was originally just titled ‘Intro’, and both Ray and Frank refer to it as so in the limited edition version of The Black Parade.

Frank has said that’s he thinks he might have “even had to invent a chord or two” to make the progression just perfect but that the finished song was “everything we all hoped it could be.”

Dead!

Ray said that the energy on this song, after the more sedate and moody ‘The End’ is “definitely tongue-in-cheek black humour”.

Gerard, Ray and Frank all get to sing in unison with the ‘la, la, la’ melody and it’s a part that Ray always looks to forward during practice and playing live, considering it really “infectious” and “an incredible hook”. This is the first time that the three of them have sung together at the same time.

Frank pushed for the ‘tuba part’ on the bridge, and said that if you hate it you should “come see me about it”.

This song, along with This Is How I Disappear and Heaven Help Us, was recorded first in the makeshift studio they set up in the back of their bus so they could still create music whilst they were touring.

Whilst most of Ray’s solos were very carefully planned out, he said this one was very “spur of the moment” and he went for a “Cheap Trick I Want You To Want Me thing”.

This Is How I Disappear

At first Frank didn’t like this song as whole (although he liked parts of it.) When it was finished, however, he said he really loved it.

The opening riff of this song was written in the parking lot of a San Francisco venue and in the dressing room afterwards back in 2004.

The first version of this song was okay, according to the band, but was boring and definitely missing something. Ray stated that it was “monotonous” because of the chorus and verse progression being the same, but after they changed a few things it “took on a whole new life”.

The Sharpest Lives

Gerard told Frank he wanted a ‘spy guitar’ part for the pre-chorus, and Frank said yes because “that’s what you say to a dude that you love and respect who tells you he’s so into your vibe that you are the only one for the job.” Problem was, he hadn’t ever seen a 007 movie and he realised he was “pretty screwed”. He ended up practising all night to try and get the right sound.

This was originally titled ‘A Kiss Before She Goes’.

Welcome to the Black Parade

Frank came up with the original title of ‘The Five of Us Are Dying’ back in 2002 when they were recording Bullets, and it was apparently a reference to the Twilight Zone episode title ‘The Four of Us Are Dying’. This was a title which stuck through to March in 2006.

Gerard Way hummed the tune for the piano part to Rob Cavallo, who translated this into notes.

In the video, the patient is played by Lukas Haas, an actor known for playing Richie Norris in Mars Attacks!

The line ‘sometimes I get the feeling she’s watching over me’ is about the Way brothers’ late grandmother, Elena.

The final cut of this song contained over 167 different tracks, more in one song than the mixer, Chris Lord-Alge, had ever used in his 20-year career. Chris Lord-Alge also went on to work with the band on Danger Days.

The last run of Ray’s solo featured on this song was actually recorded in his apartment when he was writing it, as he couldn’t repeat exactly how he wanted it in the studio and kept messing up because he was so nervous.

Gerard has said that this song is about him and his dad, and that his dad took him to see a parade when he was younger. He always told Gerard when he was a kid that “you can be whatever you want”.

I Don’t Love You

According to Frank, this song hardly changed from the first time they played it in New York City. Ray said that this was one of those songs which “writes itself” and that it “came together really quickly” when they started writing.

This was apparently originally titled ‘Father’, although some sources state that it was ‘The End’, not this song, which was called ‘Father’.

You can hear Gerard and Ray singing a part of the demo of this on the Life on the Murder Scene DVD.

Ray’s solo on this one is “really simple” but ended up being one of his favourites on the record.

Frank says he has a soft spot for this song because it reminds him of something that Otis Redding would play, and that it’s one of his favourites on the records.

House of Wolves

Frank originally wrote the guitar riff of this on one of Rob’s acoustic guitars as something for his dad when the band was stuck in a rough patch whilst trying to make the album. He played it for the band and this was one of the things which helped them become creative once more. He said it “makes me smile knowing a song I wrote for my dad got the record going again.”

Gerard said that this is the only song about Hell (not ‘Mama’, which he considers more about “damnation and war”), the original concept of the album, and that “it fits into the story quite nicely.”

Cancer

Frank said he “cannot just superficially listen to this song” and that he has to try his best “to hold back tears” every time he hears it.

The chords of this were first written for the guitar but Ray said that whilst they “were happy with what we came up with” they also “ultimately knew the song needed to have piano.”

This is one of the handful tracks on the record which Ray plays bass on.

Gerard came to Ray with this track late at night, whilst they were discussing emotions in songs. There was no music then, only lyrics and a vocal melody.

Ray said he worried about the subject matter of this song, concerned on whether or not it would be too upsetting for some people, but someone he loved who had been affected by cancer helped him realise that it was a tribute to those who had died and might help the families of the victims.

Mama

The original title of Mama was actually ‘Momma’, as seen in several magazines and reviews.

Ray said that this ended up as the most experimental track on the record, and that they tried to make it very cinematic so that it conjured up images of “war and death.”

Gerard has stated that it’s “meant to feel like a letter from the trenches” and that it describes what it feels like to be in a band and that sometimes he’s felt “like I wanted my mother” because he’s in “this big, crazy world now, people are trying to fuck me or kill me, I don’t know who my friends are, and it’s like, ‘Mom, I’m not ready for this.’”

Gerard first came up with the line ‘Mama, we all go to hell’ when they played a show at an arena in Chicago. Him and Ray worked out a guitar part to go along with it and they played it at sound check.

The ending of Mama features some of the band’s parents singing. This was because they wanted to “have them on the track forever” and apparently made the song even more special for them.

Ray also said that one of his favorite parts of this song “is a [guitar] tone that probably only dolphins, dogs and whales can hear. It’s in there, and you feel it more than you can actually hear it.”

Liza Minnelli’s guest vocals were recorded live in a completely different studio, in New York City whilst the band was in a tracking room in Capitol Records Tower in Los Angeles. They were all very excited about having her on the record (Ray called it one of the best moments of his life), but it was especially so for the Way brothers because she was their grandmother’s favourite performer (although Frank said that “growing up in an Italian household in New Jersey, she was your parents’ favourite performer” as well.)

Liza Minnelli plays the part of Mother War on this song, and she’s meant to be talking about the loss of her children.

There was a concept for the video for this song created, and some of their ideas for it included the band being chased by wolves, Liza Minnelli playing the Virgin Mary and Grant Morrison (who later starred as Korse in Danger Days) playing the Devil.

The laughing/crying at the end of the track was done spontaneously by Liza Minnelli.

Sleep

This song was written about the nightmares that Gerard was having whilst they were recording, recurring ones about “Joan of Arc and brimstone and damnation”, fire and people he “really loved” dying. He would wake up being choked on a regular basis. According to Frank it was also heavily inspired by “nerd movies”.

Frank said he is creeped out by the tape recorder parts, which are heavily distorted recordings by Gerard describing his night terrors.

It was apparently influenced by Toto, especially their work on the Dune soundtrack, and Ray said if you listen “you can definitely hear the influence” and that it has a “very Egyptian vibe.”

Teenagers

Gerard said in a Kerrang! interview that this song is “a commentary on kids being viewed as meat; by the government and by society” and it’s about how he “felt in school” and how he felt in general after 9/11.

Gerard wrote this on the subway on his way to the studio to calm himself down—he was having a panic attack because he was surrounded by teenagers. He said that “was the first time I felt old. I was nervous and I was a target. I felt like I had become a parent figure or part of the problem.” He also said he developed a “pretty strong social anxiety” and that he was “completely unable to adjust to living a normal life”. He has admitted that “it was pretty comical.”

John McGuire (better known as Hambone, a good friend of the band and one of the former members of Pencey Prep) didn’t like this song when they recorded it.

Frank said he had reservations about putting it on the record because he didn’t think people would “really look into what Gerard was saying” but that he really liked the lyrics and urges people to “pay attention” to them.

Disenchanted

Ray has said that he was really nervous about recording it because when you’re “recording acoustically, you can hear every little mistake” and that “if you listen closely, you can hear the chair I was sitting on squeaking when I tried to shift my weight to get more comfortable.”

This was originally titled ‘Shut Up and Play’ and was written back when they were rehearsing for the U.S tour in 2005.

This is one of Mikey’s favourite songs off the record and Frank has said that Mikey “would not let us rest until we revisited it” after they’d abandoned it to work on other things. Mikey himself has stated this was because he’d “always wanted the band to have a Journey-esque power ballad”.

Mikey once spent five hours in a row listening to Disenchanted on repeat in the lounge whilst they were recording the album.

The acoustic guitar they used on this record (and The End, too) was the same one that Billie Joe played on ‘Time of Your Life’, and belonged to Rob.

Famous Last Words

Gerard and Ray conceived the beginnings of this song at about 4 A.M one night, when neither of them could sleep and they were both aimlessly playing and messing around.

Frank has described this song as “Sleep’s sister song”.

Gerard (with Rob) first came up with the chorus after the other members of the band went out to get some coffee, and Frank was surprised with vocals because he thought they were “completely different than what I thought [Gerard] was recording.” He, apparently, didn’t like it at first, but at the end of recording considered it a “perfect ending” to the album.

Ray’s solo in this was heavily inspired by Randy Rhoades.

From when they first started writing Famous Last Words, they intended it to be the last song on the record. Ray said it’s meant to encompass “all you had heard before” and leave “you wanting to go through the whole journey again.”
Nazaj na vrh Go down
https://www.facebook.com/melitasalamun
Bloody_Cola
Party Poison
Party Poison
Bloody_Cola

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeNed Feb 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Interviewer: Tell me how you managed to wrangle Bert McCracken into singing backup on “You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison”?
Gerard: Sometimes it feels like jail when you’ve got eight or nine guys in a van. It smells like jail; that’s for sure. Sometimes it feels like a prison, but sometimes even the guys in prison, as fucked up and rough as it is, they buddy up and stick through it together. I think that’s definitely one of the reasons I wanted Bert to sing on it, because he’s one of the few people that I’ve met on the road and really connected with. He was like a cellmate, in a way. He’s already been through the crazy rock-star shit, and I’m just new to this. [The song is] definitely about that camaraderie, and obviously touches on lost masculinity. I think that just comes from being around dudes so much and you actually start to lose your masculinity. Especially because we’re not the kind of band like Mötley Crüe, where we fuck around with groupies or anything. In that respect, we’re very monk-like, in a way. But the song’s pretty homoerotic.
Interviewer: Certain lines...
Gerard: Definitely. There’s straight-up lines about going down by myself or going down with my friends.
Interviewer: Exactly.
Gerard: I also wanted, at the same time, [for] the record to be a testament to self-expression, and putting stuff in there like that, while not being a homosexual myself, but expressing myself in a homosexual way, is either going to push your buttons in a negative way or you’re going to identify with it.

Nazadnje urejal/a Bloody_Cola Ned Feb 12, 2012 10:15 pm; skupaj popravljeno 1 krat
Nazaj na vrh Go down
Bloody_Cola
Party Poison
Party Poison
Bloody_Cola

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitimeNed Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Question: If Gerard fell ill or were not able to perform for a while and you could bring anyone out to replace him—dead or alive—who would you choose?
Frank: Uhm. I don’t know. I don’t think we would be able to replace Gee but… Christopher Walken would be amazing.
Nazaj na vrh Go down
Sponsored content

MCR Citati Empty
ObjavljaNaslov sporočila: Re: MCR Citati   MCR Citati I_icon_minitime

Nazaj na vrh Go down

MCR Citati
Nazaj na vrh 
Stran 1 od 1

Permissions in this forum:Ne, ne moreš odgovarjati na teme v tem forumu
 :: Skupina-
Pojdi na: